A Standard Picklist is the simplest type of picklist supported on Smart Forms, presenting the user with a drop-down menu to select a single option. To configure a Standard Picklist you need to first create one before you can associate it with a Picklist Element.
Create a Picklist
1. Navigate to the Manage Picklists button.
- It is located just under the Designer tab – the furthest button to the left.
- When the Manage Picklists window opens select Create Picklist once.
2. Scroll to the top of the Picklist Menu and select the 'New Picklist'.
- In the Details tab of your 'New Picklist', rename your picklist.
- Use the slider Select first value by default? to determine whether the first value should already be selected in the app.
3. Select the Values tab of your new Picklist and enter the values you want to be displayed in the drop-down selection.
- Make sure each option starts on a new line.
- Click Save.
Associate the Standard Picklist with a Picklist Element
1. Now you have saved your Standard Picklist, you can now link it to a Picklist Element. Drag a Picklist Element into the Section Elements Manager and edit the Picklist Element.
- Navigate to the Picklist tab in the Edit Properties window.
- Search for and select the newly created picklist.
2. Save your changes.