Now that you’ve started creating your Smart Form, you’ll need to edit Elements to make the Smart Form more sophisticated. Once you have dragged and dropped an Element into the Section Elements Manager, you can use the Edit function to add and amend the properties of the Element.
Please ensure you have covered this article for more on Smart Form components: How to create an Axsy Smart Form – Using the Axsy Smart Form Designer
Switch to Edit Mode
1. There are two main ways you can edit an element. To switch to Edit Mode you can either:
- Double-click an Element to open up the Edit Properties window straight away.
- Select the global Edit button and then select the Edit icon next to an element.
2. Once the Edit Properties window opens, you will be able to add or amend the Element's core data across several tabs.
Tabs may differ for each Element type. For example, Text and Number Elements will have their own Numeric and Text tabs to configure settings specific to those data types.
The General tab is configurable for all Element types and holds basic information about the Element like:
|Not displayed in app, but should be unique.
|Text displayed above the Element field in the app.
|Optional explanation of Element's purpose.
|Is the element mandatory? (default is no)
Save Your Changes
1. Select Save in the Edit Properties window to confirm your edit or update of the Element's general properties.
2. Save your form overall by selecting the Save button.